Wednesday, October 29, 2014

First day (OK second) as Educational Technology Integrator

Oct 28, 2014

Today is my second day on the job as … um … Educational Tech… Technology Planner… Ideas Man… not quite sure, I don't have an official title yet.  From what I’ve gleamed, it is my job to think about everything that the school has done, is doing, and will do with technology.  It’s a lot to think about.  I’ve been sort of jumping around from task to task, window to window, trying to get my head around where to really start.  Do I look at what options are available 1-1 or not 1-1, tablets for Primary or Smartboards or both?  Do I find out what capabilities and interests teachers have?  Do I start comparing different laptops or sourcing and pricing iPads in Brasil?  The answer is “Yes” all of these, but first we as a school need to have a vision and a focus that we as teachers can be inspired by and the administration are inspired to support. 

It has been a bit of a smash between going down memory lane, with names like Alan November coming into conversations and a climbing up the ladder from technological depravity.  It has been seven years since I was first inspired to be a 21st century educator, but I had stopped following the trends, to an extent, and focused on home life and other pursuits.  It is a fantastic feeling coming back to thinking and writing  and discussing pedagogy again without having to worry about what the next three classes, that are back to back, are going to come with let alone what I need to give them.  



Tomorrow I am going to start my day with some educational inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment